How to communicate during a network shutdown
No internet | No SMS | No Phone Calls
This app allows people to chat via BLUETOOTH. Messages hop through phones of people around you, so the more people have Bridgefy on their phones, the stronger the network. Install and test with friends before you step out.
After installing make sure Bluetooth is on.
If you don’t see people nearby in the app try:
- Switch airplane mode on and off
- Turning off battery optimization
- Force restarting the app
- There is no privacy in Broadcast mode, anyone with this app who is nearby can see messages
- If you choose to verify your number in the app, your number may be visible to everyone nearby using the app
- Keep in mind that messages might appear out of order and with some delay (between 3 and 20 seconds)
- Charge your phone
- Carry a fully charged power bank
- Carry your phone & power bank chargers
- Make sure you have talktime & data on your phone
- Share your live location using Google Maps (better for battery) or WhatsApp (battery draining) with your friends and family
- Use Instagram Live to share videos as much as possible so you have a record of your content online in case you lose your phone
Take these measures to keep yourself connected and safe.